The ALD Group were approached by Westfield as a result of completing works one of the earlier shop units direct for a client. At this point there were approximately 70 units to screed covering some 10,000m2.
The challenges on the contract included:
- Achieving very quick drying times on the modified screed to allow for the quick application of floor coverings
- Pumping in excess of 200m2 to the higher floors
- Handling materials in a very confined space for distribution through the centre
- Working on a congested site with numerous other trades
- Out of hours working including Sundays and evenings